Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tool of the Month - August

I was actually thinking about having a "Treehouse Construction Beer of the Month" (rather than "Beer of the Season" - see previous post) but figured that some people may think I have nothing better to spend money on than beer. There are quite a number of things better to spend money on than beer, namely food, clothing, shelter, and tools! So I am introducing a "Tool of the Month" contest, during which my most hardworking and dependable little companions will each try to earn the recognition that they truly deserve! I will be posting the "Tool of the Month" the first week of the month following, but I will begin with the inaugural Tool of the Month winner now: Congratulations to my dependable little Sears Craftsman 14.4 Volt Cordless Impact Driver for winning August's Tool of the Month! I have had this tool for about five years now, and have to say it is very handy for going from drilling to driving screws and back again. It has a quick lock bit holder, and can easily drive 3" screws through two studs, spade bits up to 1" diameter, and countless pilot holes. It came with two batteries, and even after five years, they still hold a solid charge! The impact drive (hammer) comes up automatically as it detects increased torque, and will power through anything.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wish I would have gotten this one instead of the cheap-y I landed instead. Five years?!! Holy crow! I love the ideas about how to finish the treehouse, too. I always wanted one as a kid, having watched Swiss Family Robinson too many times :) Can't wait to see the progress!